Onboarding is the process in which new hires are integrated into a company. It involves training, collecting and sharing all applicable documents, and introducing the new employee to existing team members.
While it’s natural to want to onboard an employee as quickly as possible, you don’t want to get ahead of yourself. The process is vital to the individual’s long-term success. Benefits of well-executed onboarding include:
- Higher employee engagement
- Better employee retention
- Strong company culture
If you don’t have the proper onboarding process in place, your company is likely to miss out on these benefits.
How do I manage onboarding updates?
There are a variety of avoidable onboarding challenges, including:
- Non-standardized process: It’s okay to personalize the onboarding experience for each employee, but a strong foundation is essential. There’s no room for disorganization when onboarding new hires.
- Information gaps: If you don’t have a comprehensive onboarding plan, important information can easily fall through the cracks. Your plan should touch on every detail, no matter how big or small. onboarding can include critical metrics for your HR team to track.
- Lack of direction: It’s one thing for you to feel like the onboarding process is moving forward efficiently. It’s another thing entirely for your new hire to feel the same way. Clear direction is always critical.
If you need help managing the onboarding process, Oyster’s global HR tools are designed to simplify the necessary steps. As a robust global employment platform, Oyster has everything you need to manage the onboarding process from start to finish. Here are some of the other ways Oyster can assist your business:
- Calculate total employment cost: Instantly calculate the total cost of employment for new hires.
- Avoid worker misclassification: Determine whether you should classify a worker as a contractor or employee.
- Explore global remote work benefits: Stay compliant while offering workers top-of-the-line benefits.
- Broaden your hiring horizons: Build and manage a global team of top talent.
Gone are the days of using a cluttered, disorganized onboarding tracking spreadsheet. This manual process increases the risk of mistakes, takes up too much time, and generally results in less efficiency. A high-powered software solution, such as Oyster’s platform, takes all of these issues out of the equation.
Adopt an applicant tracking and onboarding system
The right applicant tracking and onboarding system can be the difference between successfully hiring and integrating the right candidate and missing the mark. On the surface, adopting an effective system may sound like a monumental task, but remember that it’s meant to make your life easier. Some of the most helpful features of an applicant tracking and onboarding system include:
- Full hiring pipeline tracking: From receiving resumes online to final interviews to onboarding, the best systems manage everything on your behalf.
- Personalized updates: A system that provides regular updates is a system that saves you time and money. Create alerts for new candidates, upcoming interviews, and past-due paperwork.
An applicant tracking and onboarding system can also help reduce your time to hire. The sooner you hire the right candidate, the sooner they can get to work for your company. This system is even more important when hiring globally because it can reduce the friction that’s generally associated with onboarding someone in another part of the world.
Oyster: Your all-in-one global software solution
Utilizing the right onboarding tracker can reinvent your hiring process. Oyster’s global employment platform is designed to enable visionary HR leaders to find, hire, pay, manage, develop, and take care of a thriving distributed workforce.
With the ability to hire anywhere in the world, you no longer need to compromise. We’ll make sure you have everything you need to hire, onboard, and manage the right person for the job.
Oyster is a global employment platform designed to enable visionary HR leaders to find, hire, pay, manage, develop, and take care of a thriving distributed workforce. Oyster lets growing companies give valued international team members the experience they deserve, without the usual headaches and expense.