Websummit RIO 2023: How to Change the World, One Startup at a Time
Oyster's Co-founder and CEO, Tony Jamous, joins fellow mission-driven entrepreneur Fabio Carrara of Solfacil at Websummit RIO 23023 to talk about the role of startups and their power to change the world. Not only do startups disrupt industries, they bring fresh perspectives, while large corporations often face challenges in changing their established practices.
On stage at Startup University, they dive into:
- The importance of authenticity and alignment between business models and impact
- The skepticism that exists about mission-driven businesses
- Their shared believe that being profitable and scalable is essential to sustaining impact
Their advice for founders and future entrepreneurs?
1. It is crucial to focus on profitability to sustain your business and mission, attracting talent and capital while reducing dependence on external funding.
2. Aligning your cap table with mission-driven investors can provide additional support, but at the early stages, financially driven investors may still be necessary for validation.
Websummit RIO 2023: How to use SaaS Tools to Engage and Retain Employees
From ESG to Impact: Making a Difference on a Global Scale
Curious about Oyster? Book a personalized demo
Leave your details and one of our experts will be in touch.