If you’re a talent platform, recruiting agency, or sourcing firm, you’re probably seeing firsthand how fast the world of work is changing.
Aided by technology and accelerated by the pandemic, the how, when, and where of work is fundamentally evolving. It’s no longer limited to specific hours or a particular location, such as 9-5 p.m. in a drab office building in a bustling urban center.
Increasingly, work is flexible and remote, so that it fits around people’s lives rather than the other way around. Research by KPMG shows that 89% of companies have either introduced a remote work policy or are currently considering one, and that employee requests and talent expectations are the biggest driver for companies adopting remote work.
Now that the remote work revolution has made it possible for people to work from anywhere, we’ve already entered the next frontier—a borderless world of work, where companies can hire the best talent anywhere in the world. After all, there’s no reason for companies to limit themselves to local candidates in oversaturated talent markets when they have the option to access the global talent pool.
What does this new expectation for borderless talent mean for talent sourcing and recruiting agencies? If you’re struggling to book meetings or close deals, think of this moment as a turning point. The current trend towards global hiring presents a tremendous opportunity for talent services businesses to adapt and grow by leveraging global hiring, so that both you and your clients can thrive in the new world of work.
Expand your talent solutions business with remote, borderless hiring
Talent solutions businesses operate in a highly competitive market. According to data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator, there are about 400,000 staffing, sourcing, and recruiting companies worldwide. But most recruitment services providers still follow a very traditional approach—using a job description to search for candidates within a particular location and salary range, sometimes from a vetted talent pool or with the help of technology.
Here’s where you can differentiate yourself by adapting to new client expectations regarding remote and borderless hiring. You can stand out from the crowd by offering your clients the ability to source, recruit, and vet candidates virtually anywhere in the world. And once you’ve found the best candidate for the job, you can offer employers a solution to compliantly hire, pay, and provide benefits to the new hire. By packaging a global employment solution with your sourcing and recruiting services, you’ll save your clients the hassle of figuring out legal compliance, international payroll, and local benefits.
How can you add global employment to your talent services? That’s where Oyster can help! Oyster’s global employment platform makes it possible to quickly and easily onboard talent from 180+ countries around the world. This means that companies can grow their team and focus on their business—while we take care of compliance, payroll, taxes, benefits, and more.
By partnering with Oyster, you can offer your clients an end-to-end solution that combines your expertise in talent acquisition with our expertise in global employment. You’ll be able to provide a great experience for your clients as well as your candidates. It’s a win-win!
Benefits of partnering with Oyster
Partnering with Oyster means you’ll be able to better serve your clients by helping to solve their hiring challenges. For instance, if your client is trying to save costs by hiring outside of premium talent markets, or if they’re looking for a very specific skill set that’s not available locally, you’ll be well positioned to meet their needs.
Being able to better serve your clients means your talent solutions business can really thrive. Here are some of the benefits of adding global employment options to your current offerings:
- Book more client meetings, which will help generate more business
- Offer your clients a wider candidate pool, without geographical limitations
- Stay ahead of the competition by expanding into new territories and talent markets
- Close deals faster by offering an end-to-end solution from talent acquisition to hiring, paying, and retaining top global talent
- Open up new revenue streams by providing a higher value-add service and increasing your customers’ hiring velocity
- Future-proof your business by staying ahead of the curve as the future of work evolves
With Oyster, you’ll be able to stand out in a crowded field, differentiate yourself from the competition, and ultimately grow your business and flourish in the long term.
5 tips for better client outreach
Once you’ve bundled global employment into your talent services offerings, you’ll be in a strong position to grow your business. Here are some tips for how to proceed.
- Understand your client’s pain points and hiring challenges, and be prepared to clearly articulate how you can solve those problems by sourcing and recruiting overseas candidates.
- Become familiar with the talking points on remote borderless employment, and how Oyster’s platform, infrastructure, and expertise make global hiring as easy as hiring next door. We’ll provide a kit of materials for you!
- Be proactive about educating clients around the competitive advantage of recruiting global talent, such as lowered costs, increased diversity, and access to highly specialized or technical skills that are not available locally.
- Turn your outreach up a notch making it more consultative and strategic, rather than just matching candidates to job descriptions.
- Engage your clients with a workshop on how global talent acquisition blends with borderless employment to create a new, seamless journey for both employers and employees.
With global employment opening up a whole world of talent, there’s never been a more exciting time to be in the talent solutions business. We’d love to talk to you about how we can work together to pave the way for the remote, flexible, and borderless future of work. Please reach out to us, and let’s chat!
Oyster is a global employment platform designed to enable visionary HR leaders to find, engage, pay, manage, develop, and take care of a thriving distributed workforce. Oyster lets growing companies give valued international team members the experience they deserve, without the usual headaches and expense.
Oyster enables hiring anywhere in the world—with reliable, compliant payroll, and great local benefits and perks.